Written by Girl Birthday Gift
Three years ago when we found out we were having our first boy, some of the initial fears and concerns that played through my mind were, Boy clothes are ugly! What in the crap do I dress him in?! There are, like, only three things boys can wear.
I am kind of rolling my eyes as I write this, but it was true. I am a girl, therefore I was only familiar with girl clothing and fashion. (Give me all the pink, ruffles and florals!) And I honestly think that is part of the million reasons it is fun being a mother to little ladies. Although, I can give you a billion reasons why being a mom to boys is even better ;)
Anyway, it turns out that boy clothes aren't just dinosaurs, trucks and cars. Imagine that! There are plenty of adorable places to shop for man child clothes. (See this hilarious meme—I'm sorry, but I started crying from laughing so hard when I saw it for the first time. I also just spent the last 10 minutes searching for it. You're welcome).
My favorite places to shop for Luke and Wesley's clothes are Gap, H&M, Old Navy, Target and Zara. They are actually the only places I shop and I hit the jackpot every time without breaking the bank.
These three cute and colorful summer outfits for a little boy above are all from Zara. They are high-quality and survive the beatings boy clothes go through—and they make great hand-me-downs, which we believe in. Now that I have two boys, I have realized the little fellas really don't need that many clothes either. Really. Boys are simple, and boys are messy, and it's easier to dress them if there aren't too many options to choose from.
Here are the basics of what you need for a little boy summer wardrobe:
- A few tee shirts. It's good to have some printed and graphic ones, as well as a couple of plain basics.
- A couple pairs of shorts. Again, one solid and one with a fun print, or overalls.
- Basic pair of pants or denim. Gray denim pants are my favorite. They go with everything.
- A light sweatshirt or jacket. I've found that picking a vibrant color can actually pair well with most things.
- A pair of sandals, a pair of sneakers (red is also a color that looks awesome with most things), and a pair of docksiders for dressier occasions.
And there you have it! Maybe get them a cute baseball cap or some shades to accessorize and you have a stylish little dude on your hands.
Giraffe Tee | Overalls | Sandals
Sweatshirt | Shorts | Docksiders
Happy Boy Tee | Gray Denim | Sneakers
Sponsored by Women Fashion Trend 2020